From Nuclear Physics Group Documentation PagesJump to navigationJump to search
Nuclear Physics Group Documentation Pages
Linux Users Documentation
Mostly, documentation here will be very brief.
- New User Initiation
- Instructions for newly added users.
- What is installed
- Software we have running on our workstations.
- How to configure your machine to print.
- Mail Clients
- How to configure your email client with our mail server.
- ToDo List
- Stuff that we should get done in the near term.
- Sysadmin Checklist
- All the things that need to be checked on a very regular basis.
- Recent Config Changes
- Document all configuration changes on this page, clearly identifying the data and what was changed.
- Yes, it is no longer 1981 when the internet was "safe". Please be familiar with the ways to keep our systems secure.
Linux System Administrators Documentation
- NPG Layout
- How the NPG clients and servers are set up, as a whole system.
- Servers and Workstations
- Per-machine details
- Common Wisdom
- Things that every sysadmin needs to know. Accumulated wisdom from our previous mistakes. Must Read!
- Basic Administration
- How to change password, add user, make a backup etc.
- Advanced SysAdmin
- Don't even think about this if you don't know what you are doing!
- Working with virtual machines in our environment
- What you need to know about the network (ours, UNH etc).
- Hardware Issues History
- "Hard" problems we've solved
- Software Issues
- Centralized location for info on things like software interdependence of the mail chain, etc.
- Server Components
- Documentation on configurations: LDAP (passwords), mail, database, webserver etc.
- Client Components
- Documentation on getting workstations and others to access functionality of main servers
- Enviromental Control Info
- AC/Temperature Sensors/Room Climate Data
- Sysadmin Todo List
- What do we do now?
Special Software Support
- Gnuplot on Mac OS X
- Find a Universal (i386 and x86-64) gnuplot version here for the Mac using X11 or Aquaterm.
- Subversion is a centralized repository used for version control of information, primarily for source code.
Physics Documentation Pages
- UNH DNP
- Maurik's Notes
- SVT Project
- Simulation Information
- TS-72xx Guides
- Kyle's Log
- Dan's Log
- Tbow's Log