What is installed
The standard software on a Linux workstation at NPG should contain:
- Gnome Desktop ( KDE available as well)
- Open Office - "productivity suite"
- Evolution - mail client and calendar program
- Compilers: gcc, g++. For FORTRAN, newer systems will have gfortran, older ones g77. This may be an issue for some users
- TeX, LaTeX for type setting
- Emacs, Vim text editors
- Firefox web browser
- Java runtime
There are a number of special request programs that we we need on some systems.
Special user software like root, CERNLIB, GEANT4, CLHEP are maintained by Maurik on /net/data/taro/maurik/.