From Nuclear Physics Group Documentation PagesJump to navigationJump to search
Advanced System Administration
This is advanced stuff, and not always super well explained.
Don't even think of doing any of this unless you have sufficient time and are an expert.
- E-mail and SpamAssassin - The complete email chain.
- Making a very large disk - How to create a multi Terabyte partition
- rdate server - quick one on how to get a node to serve up time for rdate use.
- Named - the DNS (and MX records, i.e. email records) server running on einstein.
- Iptables - The firewall that runs on each system.
- LDAP - "Lightweight" Directory Access Protocol - Keeps our users, automounts, and systems lists.
- NFS - Network File System - allows other computers to see your disks.
- Emergency RAID Recovery - A RAID has failed, now what?
- certutil - SSL certs on roentgen
- Sideways Migration from RH to Centos - This was for RH5 to Centos 5 on Taro
- Network Debugging - Some tips and hints when network stuff (sshd, pbs/torque, etc) don't work as expected.