From Nuclear Physics Group Documentation PagesJump to navigationJump to search
Advanced Sysadmins Only
Most if not all of the stuff listed here would be considered advanced sysadmin stuff.
Do Not Modify if you don't know what you are doing!!!
- General Network Configuration Notes
- For encryptions and such
- Configuring domain name servers
- Using Mailman, IMAP, etc.
- Network Firewall for securtity. We have a customized setup.
- Automatically populate the /etc/hosts.deny table to keep scum out.
- Remote access to sensors, turn-on and turn-off, SOL (serial console over lan).
- "Lightweight Directory Access Protocol" = The password and other information server
- How to set up authentication to LDAP via SSSD on a CentOS6 machine
- Database. Main one runs on Roentgen, which contains this wiki.
- The DNS server that tells other systems what ipaddress goes with what name.
- Network File System - allows other computers to see your disks.
- Access control
- Controllers, setup, and how to monitor redundant arrays of independent disks
- Setting up a virtual LAN on one of the backend-only servers
- The deamon that responds to requests for snmp into and commands.
- A system for aggregating data from log files and many other sources.
- Provides windows disk mount service (smbd) and name service (nmbd)
- Web Servers
- Setup for roentgen and einstein as web servers
- Wiki Setup
- Details on the setup of this wiki, i.e. configuration issues
- How to run virtual systems on a host.... Tips and all that good stuff.
- RHEL to CentOS Migration
- Migrating from a RHEL system to CentOS system.