From Nuclear Physics Group Documentation PagesJump to navigationJump to search
These pages document some of the things we want to do frequently, like how to make sure the backup worked.
- Add a new user
- Passwords - Changing passwords, what to do when passwords expire.
- Burn a CD
- Cacti server monitoring/graphing software
- Fail2ban Install and configure fail2ban
- Logical Volume Management
- How to mount disk images
- NPG backup on Lentil
- Client Configuration
- Recipe for getting a client machine up and running
- Push updates through the RedHat Network
- Skype info
- Disk monitoring with SMARTD
- Splunk IT search engine. Setup is NOT "basic" sysadmin stuff.
- Setting up sudoers with LDAP
- Administration for Perl (adding modules etc)
- Adding/editing Printer Settings
- Modifying Default Applications
- Package Management with
- Modifying system Services
- HTTPS Redirection
- SSH Forwarding (Tunneling)
- Creating New Account Access change
- Infiniband Speed Test
- NVidia - Making sure CUDA works.