From Nuclear Physics Group Documentation PagesJump to navigationJump to search
- Installed two of the 750GB drives into benfranklin. Need to come up with a partition layout. Maybe just one system per disk (one of which will be virtualized)? I think this is good enough for testing, so that's what I'll do.
- Currently torrenting CentOS 64-bit to blackbody's /tmp, so we can get a RedHat experience without dealing with registering the VMs, etc. Or should we just bite the bullet and use RHEL5 64bit for testing? Going to use COS; don't feel like dealing with RHN.
- Runs on any standard x86 hardware
- Supports 64-bit guest operating systems, including Windows, Linux, and Solaris
- Supports two-processor Virtual SMP, enabling a single virtual machine to span multiple physical processors ("experimental")
- Runs on a wider variety of Linux and Windows host and guest operating systems than any server virtualization product on the market
- Captures entire state of a virtual machine and rolls back at any time with the click of a single button
- Installs like an application, with quick and easy, wizard-driven installation
- Quick and easy, wizard-driven virtual machine creation
- Supports Intel Virtualization Technology
- Protects investment with an easy upgrade path to VMware Infrastructure