UNH DNP Collaboration Weekly Meeting Minutes
From Nuclear Physics Group Documentation PagesJump to navigationJump to search
- Still working on Bosted optimization code.
- Works well for one setting, developing way to average results over multiple settings so that one fit is applicable over a wide range
- Working on wisely creating loops for chi^2 optimization
- Has been working on dilution analysis for 2.2 GeV, 2.5 T runs
- This is the setting that Melissa has a packing fraction for. Varying packing fraction by ~5% causes ~30% change in dilution factor, so nailing that is very important
- 2.2 GeV, 5 T for long. & trans. initial dilution analysis has results
- Don't match well to the Bosted model yet, so he and Ryan are working together on that to pull out reasonable packing fractions until we have better results from data
- Working on Q-curve wing fit, has a code that seems initially to be working
- Will spend this week doing checks that the code does what it's supposed to
- Yale card powered and hooked up, but having trouble seeing anything. Will be trouble-shooting the issue throughout the week.
- Electrically isolated the wire racks under the lambda/2 cable to reduce noise in the Q-meter
- Didn't do the deflate-gate test because he had already done it on his own a couple months ago
- Updated the iTC firmware to hopefully fix the GPIB timeout problem
- (The firmware update did not fix the GPIB timeout problem. Ellie is in communication with Oxford about it.)
- Big thanks to Ryan, Toby, Peter, & Makenzie for helping to install the 8" piping from the roots pump to the helium fridge
- Tested pump line without the fridge, it pulls vacuum well
- Ran diagnostics of new iTC firmware, confirmed that it did not fix our problem
- Worked on Hall A gemc simulation for Ay0 paper
- Reading up on past t20 measurements to determine if any extra equipment is needed to get t20 along with Azz
- Began updating Azz code to include t20 elastic kinematics, work in progress
- No lab update, due to the many snow days. Professors are playing catch-up and putting more homework than normal on him, and he's hoping to get back to normal in a week or two.
- Continuing work on Dilution. There's an issue around 600 MeV that's still being looked at, as well as why including more corrections moves the dilution away from the model and flattens it out. Work in progress, will update at g2p meeting next week.
- Looking at yield drifts correlated to beam drifts. LHRS and RHRS are drifting in the same direction, which is unexpected. Thinks there is a possible beam scraping far upstream, causing a hot-spot to not be visible. Work is in progress.
- Redoing and automating his Bosted model code to help Toby with the dilution process
- Working on fitting the wings of the Q curve.
- Called Pfieffer and requested a wiring diagram of the pumps, still waiting for it. Called and e-mailed KNF about the 50 Hz pump issue, still waiting for a response. Fridge work on hold until parts come in. Working on EG4-g2p kinematic matching, and including D(e,e'd) t20 calculations to Azz rates. Talk at Tufts got pushed back a week to March 2nd due to snow re-scheduling.