Recent Config Changes
- 2015/04/03 -- Taro is now on Server-Open network with new IP 18.104.22.168. Endeavour is next.
- 2015/04/02 -- Endeavour upgrade documented at Upgrading Endeavour --Node 2 is nearly done.
- 2015/04/02 -- The backups are running but still not sending mail. It seems NO ONE IS LOOKING AT THIS! (that is a good way to piss me off.)
- 2015/03/12 -- MailMan E-mail is not working properly. Changed backup cron job (/etc/cron.daily/0rsync_backup) to send email directly.
- 2015/03/08 -- Gourd CentOS 6 Migration
- 2015/03/02 -- SpamAssassin and E-mail -- misconfigured postfix did not run spam properly.
- 2015/03/01 -- SpamAssassin Updated documentation how to filter spam better.
- 2015/02/15 -- taro updated the globus toolkit for data transfers to/from Jlab.
- 2015/02/03 -- lentil Changed the network-scripts. Lentil was still trying to use the VLAN, while it was directly connected to the UNH network. (Shame on us!) Also, configured sssd to contact einstein.farm.physics.unh.edu instead of einstein.unh.edu.
2014/11/29 -- einstein Dovecot.conf:45 disable_plaintext_auth = yes
2014/11/29 -- einstein Changed the NTP servers to ns1.unh.edu, ns2.unh.edu, nic.unh.edu, since these actually work!
2014/11/04 -- einstein taro Iptables have a new, long, blacklist.
2014/11/04 -- einstein Changed Postfix authentication module from smtpd to dovecot. This fixes the issue with postfix claiming authentication methods which don't actually work.
2014/10/05 -- corn and jalapeno Change: Fully transitioned RHEL repositories and packages to their equivelant CentOS versions. Both changes required downloading and installing CentOS's repository keys, removing all packages that start with rhn (replaced with the CentOS versions), then cleaning all cached packages and running a standard yum upgrade. Details on what commands used can be found at http://knowledgelayer.softlayer.com/procedure/convert-redhat-centos
2014/09/26 -- einstein Change: Stop the avahi-daemon service and take it out of the automatically started services. Avahi-daemon implements Apple's "bonjour" protocols, which I don't think we need.
Older Pages with Completed tasks
- Completed in Jan/Feb/Mar 2009
- Completed in July/Aug/Sep/Oct/Nov 2008
- Completed in March/April/May/June 2008
- Completed in February 2008
- Completed in January 2008
- Completed in November/December 2007
- Completed in October 2007
- Completed in September 2007
- Completed in August 2007
- Completed in July 2007
- Completed in June 2007