From Nuclear Physics Group Documentation PagesJump to navigationJump to search
This article contains instructions on installing and configuring fail2ban and also some useful tips for administering it.
- The fail2ban RPM is available from the EPEL package repository. Use the following instructions to make this package available to yum.
- Install fail2ban via yum:
yum install fail2ban
- Start the fail2ban service.
service fail2ban start
- Set fail2ban to start at boot time.
chkconfig fail2ban on
- Run iptables -L and find the ip address you want to unban. Note: the chain listed in iptables is not the jail the ip is contained. Check the fail2ban config if you don't know the jail name.
- Run the following commands as root.
- fail2ban-client get <jailname> actionunban <ip address>
- fail2ban-client reload