From Nuclear Physics Group Documentation PagesJump to navigationJump to search
Here are the notes on this system.
- Set the UNH IP address (endeavour.unh.edu) on eth1
- I switched the IP address on eth0 to 10.0.0.100 from 10.0.0.1 (since that is the usual gateway address, and we want to bridge the two backend networks.) This requires ALL "hosts" files on the nodes to be modified.
- Set the root password to standard scheme.
- Setup the LDAP client side
- Integrate back-end link with our farm.
Long Term To Do
Possible long term tasks if manpower is available.
- Replicate LDAP server.
- Replicate home directories for selected users (this may be too tricky, really)